Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011 Class Schedule


I've just updated the website with classes for the next several months. Things crazy quilt and things herbal. We are in the process of remodeling the building next door. The space is light and bright and perfect for classes! A new series for this year will be "The Herbalist's Table". Throughout the seasons, I'll take you into yard and garden where we will harvest plants and then come back to the kitchen and transform them into delicious dishes!

I'll also be giving classes on crazy quilting - piecing, embroidery, beadwork, etc.

On June 15, there is a free herb walk around the property - which is a certified Botanical Sanctuary. We grow hundreds of herbs, as well as fruits, berries, veggies and mushrooms. Hope you can join us!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Wishing you well with The Herbalist's Table idea. What great fun to be a part of the herbal transformation from garden to table!

Elizabeth said...

Oh my gracious!!! How I wish that I lived closer!! Pewhaps I will plan a road trip up to visit you and time it around some crazy quilt classes and pick up my good friend Susan Reynolds, on the way thru Maryland!! I ahve just come form Susan's blog wherre she did a Betty Pillsbury post!! your work is exquisite and besides shared love of fibers we share a true love of organic gardening and wild life preserrvation!! it is such a joy to "meet " you Betty!! I hope to visit you in your fabulous gardens someday!! for now I will be stopping by your blog and web site , often, and dreaming of a road trip!!!!

Betty said...

Elizabeth, thanks so much. I hope you get a chance to visit! Always love talking gardening and stitching!