Friday, December 2, 2016

Sound the trumpets!  My book, "Crazy Quilts - A Beginner's Guide" has been published by Ohio University Press!


I am so grateful.  It was a long time coming and I appreciate all my family, friends and students who kept encouraging me. To quote, "Oh Brother Where Art Thou":  I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. 


You can order the book on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and from the publisher.  Although the title states a beginner's guide, there are enough tips and info to satisfy intermediate and advanced crazy quilters and embroiderers.  There is so much photography (which I did), that it would make a great coffee table book too.  I discuss how I put my crazies together and the thought process of choosing fabrics and threads and beads, etc.  The first chapter is history of the crazy quilt during the last quarter of the 19th century.




I hope you purchase and enjoy my book.  I really hope you start adding embroidery and beads and all things beautiful not only to quilts, but to all manner of surfaces!

No comments: